- Combine char Siu sauce, sugar, ginger, garlic and 1 tbsp hot water in a shallow ceramic dish. Add pork. Turn to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Heat oil in a large, deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Remove pork from marinade. Reserve marinade. Add pork to pan. Cook pork for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until golden.
- Combine reserved marinade, soy, and ½ cup cold water in a jug. Add to pan, bring to boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, turning pork occasionally, for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer pork to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Increase heat to medium. Bring to the boil. Cook for 3 minutes or until sauce has reduced by half.
- Place a steamer over a wok or large saucepan of simmering water. Steam kai lan and cover it for 2 mins. Transfer to a bowl. Add sesame oil. Toss to coat.
- Drizzle pork with sauce. Serve with kai lan and rice.