Borrowdale Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Collar
|1kg Borrowdale pork collar|
1 pkt gourmet tortilla wrap
1 tbsp paprika
i tbsp coriander
1 tbsp cumin
3 garlic cloves
150g grated cheese (mozzarella)
½ tin black beans
1 cob corn
¼ bunch fresh coriander
1 brown onion
1 tin chopped tomatoes
100g tomato paste
150g sour cream
1. In a slow cooker at least 3-4hrs prior slice 1 brown onion and 1 carrot on the bottom of cooker. Combine dry spices – paprika, cumin and coriander and rub over pork collar. Season with salt and place in cooker with the lid on.
2. 30mins before serving dice carrot and onion and start to sauté in a frypan on medium heat, Cut corn kernels off the cob and add, open tin of black beans and rinse thoroughly, drain and add to pan. Crush garlic cloves in a press and add to pan. Cut tomato and add in.
3. Take the Borrowdale pork collar and tear into chunks and add to the Tex-Mex filling.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Build enchiladas by taking a tortilla wrap and filling with pork chunks then adding corn and black bean mixture, rolling and placing in a ceramic bakeware dish or baking tray
6. Combine tin of chopped tomatoes, tomato paste, salt and pepper in small blender and pulse to puree. Use this mixture to pour over top of enchiladas adding more cheese and then placing in a 180degC oven for 5-10mins
7. While baking prepare the guacamole, peel and deseed the avocadoes and add juice of 1 limes, season with salt.
8. Serve together and add sour cream if desired