|1 kg Borrowdale Free Range Pork Jowl - trimmed on fat, tossed in a little GF Flour|
3-4 tbs CAMPFIRE BBQ RUB
1 onion - chopped
3 carrots - peeled and chopped
1 leek - washed and chopped
half bunch of fresh thyme
|4 bay leaves|
Chicken stock and apple cider to cover the meat and vegetables
1 kg small waxy potatoes - cut in half if large
2 Bramley apples or Granny Smith - peeled, cored and cut into large pieces
finely chopped parsley and sage to garnish
- Brown the pork cheeks in a heavy based casserole dish in a little oil and coat in the Campfire BBQ Rub
- Add the carrots, onion , leeks, herbs, chicken stock and the cider. Season with salt and pepper and bring to the boil, reduce the heat and simmer for 1 hour.
- Add the potatoes and continue simmering for another 40 mins on low, stirring occasionally. Toss in the apples and continue cooking for another 15 minutes.
- Garnish with the parsley and sage.
- Serve in bowls with buttered crusty bread, reserve any excess broth to make a delicious soup