|300g-350g shrimp, shelled, peeled and deveined|
2 tablespoons oil
1 inch (2 cm) piece ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
1/4 onion, quartered
|1/2 green bell pepper, cut into pieces |
10 mini dried red chilies, (5 regular-sized dried chilies)
1/4 cup roasted peanuts
3 stalks scallions, use the white parts only
- Mix the Kung Pao sauce ingredients and set aside.
- Heat up a wok and add the cooking oil until the oil is very hot. Add the ginger and do a few quick stirs. Add the onion, green pepper, and dried red chilies. Stir-fry until you smell the spicy aromas from the dried red chilies. Add in the shrimp and roasted peanuts and keep stirring.
- When the shrimp are almost cooked, add the Kung Pao sauce into the wok, keep stirring until the sauce thickens. Add the chopped scallions, do a few quick stirs, dish out and serve hot.
Kung Pao Sauce Ingredients:
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons sweet soy sauce, (ABC Kecap Manis)
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 dashes white pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Chinese black vinegar, rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
Serving Size: 2