VEGETABLES AND OTHERS
- Preheat oven to 180C.
- Wash all vegetables to remove soil and dirt.
- Batonnet the celery and carrots. Place celery, carrots, and broccoli in a side dish.
- In separate pots with boiling water, cook broccoli and potato.
- With the blanched broccoli, cut off a few stems and place in the oven to roast. Place
in side dish, along with the celery and carrots.
- With the potato, allow to cool slightly before peeling off all the skin.
- Cut potato into wedges and roast in the oven. Set under a salamander or keep
- Slice the croissant bun in half and place the lettuce on the bottom bun of the burger.
- Place ‘beef’ substitute patty on top of the lettuce. Add vegan mayonnaises if desired.
- Slice tomato and tofu to about 5mm thick slices or as desired. Set on top of the patty.
- Cover with the top croissant bun and skewer the burger to hold in place.
CROISSANT BUN DOUGH
- Mix together flour, salt, sugar, yeast, bread improver, and soya milk on low speed for
5 mins until a dough forms.
- Add the butter at low speed until well combined, then high speed for 8 mins or till
obtaining an elastic texture.
- Rest the dough for 10 mins in the freezer.
- Laminate the sheet butter substitute. (1000g dough : 350g sheet butter)
- Fold the sheet butter substitute into the dough, with 2 double folds.
- Thickness of the final sheet, 6 to 7 mm.
- Cut the dough into strips and loosely roll the dough. 4cm x 25cm. Place the dough in
a ring to support the shape.
- Proof the dough at 28°C with 70-80 % humidity around till double in size.
- Bake at 200°C for 4 mins then lower the temperature to 165°C for 14 mins. Fan 4.
- Mix together flour and butter substitute until well combined.
- Fold into a square.
- Chill until ready to use.