- Preheat oven to 210C.
- In a planetary mixer’s mixing bowl with a paddle, mix well butter and bread flour. Do
not whip up, just ensure mixture is well incorporated.
- Chill sheet butter in the refrigerator until set. Ensure the sheet butter is rolled out
evenly, in a rectangle or square shape.
- In a planetary mixer’s mixing bowl using a dough hook, add bread flour, cake flour,
salt, and soya milk. Knead on low to medium speed until well combined.
- Once dough is well combined, add butter and allow to fully incorporate.
- Roll out dough to be slightly larger than the sheet butter in a similar shape.
- Allow dough to chill in the refrigerator.
- Place sheet butter on top of dough and fold the dough to cover.
- Roll the dough on the dough sheeter, enough to give 1 double fold.
- Turn the dough and roll to give 1 single fold. Allow to rest for about 15 mins.
- Roll the dough to give another double fold, and continue with a single fold.
- Roll out the dough to the desired thickness. Cut out circles of 5cm, and pair with
circles of 5cm with a hole in the middle of 3.5cm
- Bake in oven at 210C for 10 mins, at fan speed 6.
- Add the filling in the middle with a ‘meatball’ substitute.
- Continue baking another 8 mins.