- In a planetary mixer’s mixing bowl with a paddle, mix well butter and bread flour. Do
not whip up, just ensure mixture is well incorporated. Shape and chill.
- In a planetary mixer’s mixing bowl using a dough hook, add bread flour, cake flour,
salt, and soya milk. Knead on low to medium speed until well combined.
- Once dough is well combined, add butter and allow to fully incorporate.
- Roll out dough to be slightly larger than the sheet butter in a similar shape. Chill.
- Place sheet butter on top of dough and fold the dough to cover.
- Roll the dough on the dough sheeter, enough to give 1 double fold.
- Turn the dough and roll to give 1 single fold. Allow to rest for about 15 mins.
- Roll the dough to give another double fold, and continue with a single fold.
- Roll out the dough to the desired thickness.
- Using a round cutter, cut out shapes, mould and add filling with potato piping.
- Bake in oven at 210C for 15 min, at fan speed 6.
SHEPHERD PIE POTATO
- In a pot, boil potatoes until soft. Allow to cool slightly.
- Remove the skin from the potatoes.
- In a planetary mixer’s bowl, mash the potatoes with a paddle until smooth.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and flavor.
- Using a piping bag with star nozzle, fill with the potato paste.
- Pipe onto the filling before baking.
SHEPHERD PIE FILLING
- Dice carrots and celery, and chop onions into cubes.
- In a pan, melt butter then sauté carrots, celery, and onions until flavorful.
- Add soy minced meat substitute into the pot and stir well.
- Put in the salt and pepper to taste.
- Add tomato puree and soya and continue cooking.
- Stir fry for a while, then lightly add water until it covers the top of the mixture.
- Allow mixture to simmer. Once the mixture is reduced, test taste the sauce. Add salt
and pepper as needed.
- Allow mixture to cool before use.