- Pre-heat oven to 160°C. Place a 12-inch cast iron pan on the stove and raise the heat to high.
- Rub both side of the steaks with the soft roasted garlic. Sprinkle coarse sea salt and black pepper over it.
- Pour the oil over the steaks and oat the ingredients into the steak, turn over and continue to pat the ingredients and rub the steaks over the oil that spilled off. All sides of the steaks should be coated.
- Place the steak onto the pan, sear both sides for 3 mins.
- Place butter, thyme and cloves of garlic during the searing of the second side as the butter melts, hold the pan handle slightly tilted and start basting the butter over the steak with a spoon as it melts.
- Now place the pan in the oven for 3 more minutes. Let it rest for about 5 mins before serving.