Benefits of Pumpkin :
1) Weight loss – Rich in fiber, which slows digestion, keeps you feeling fuller and is also a low-calorie superstar.
2) Sharper vision – Pumpkin’s brilliant orange coloring comes from its ample supply of beta-carotene, which is converted to vitamin A in the body. Vitamin A is essential for eye health and helps the retina absorb and process light. A single cup of pumpkin contains over 200 percent of most people’s recommended daily intake of vitamin A, making it an outstanding option for optical health.
Pumpkin also contains lutein and zeaxanthin, two antioxidants that are thought to help prevent cataracts and may even slow the development of macular degeneration.
3) Better immunity – The large shot of vitamin A helps your body fight infections, viruses and infectious diseases. Pumpkin oil even helps fight various bacterial and fungal infections. Packed with nearly 20 percent of the recommended amount of daily vitamin C, which may help you recover from colds faster.
4) Younger-looking skin – Eating pumpkin can help you look younger (beta-carotene in pumpkin helps protect us from the sun’s wrinkle-causing UV rays), but the pulp also makes a great, all-natural face mask that exfoliates and soothes. All you need is 1/4 cup pureed pumpkin (not pumpkin pie), an egg, a tablespoon of honey and a tablespoon of milk. Mix, then apply it, wait for 20 minutes or so and wash it off with warm water.
5) Lower cancer risk – Beta-carotene is great for your eyes and skin, and also Fighting cancer. Research shows people who eat a beta-carotene-rich diet may have a lower risk of some types of cancer, including prostate and lung cancer. Vitamins A and C are “a kind of cell defence squad”, antioxidants, and they act as shields for your cells against cancer-causing free radicals.”
- Dairy Free
- Egg Free
- Fructose Friendly
- Gluten Free
- Nut Free
- Soy Free
- Sugar Free
- Wheat Free
- Yeast Free
There are no reviews yet.
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Join Our Newsletter
Subscribe to Ryan’s Grocery for new arrivals, promotional deals and seasonal drops.