|1 ½ cups mint leaves|
1 ½ cups parsley leaves
1 tbsp salted capers, rinsed and drained
¼ cup oregano leaves
4 anchovy fillets
¼ preserved lemon, rind only, washed and finely chopped
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced
2-3 tsp sherry vinegar
2 kg cube roll
|1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil |
2 tsp thyme leaves
1 ½ tsp ground coriander
½ tsp ground cumin
80 ml (⅓ cup) olive oil
800 g jap pumpkin, skin on, cut into 2cm thick slices
1 head garlic, cloves separated
4 sprigs thyme
1 tsp smoked paprika
- Combine thyme, coriander, cumin and 1 tbsp olive oil and rub over beef. Cover and rest at room temperature for 1 hour.
- To make salsa verde combine ingredients in a bowl and season to taste.
- Preheat oven to 200ºC. Bring a large frying pan to high heat, add 1 tbsp olive oil and beef and cook, turning frequently, for 4-5 minutes until evenly browned. Place beef in a roasting pan and season to taste. Transfer pan to oven and roast for 50-55mins (calculate 13 mins per 500g). Remove from oven, cover with foil and rest for 20 mins.
- In a large bowl combine 2 tbsp olive oil, pumpkin, garlic, thyme and paprika. Season to taste and toss well. Arrange on a baking tray place tray in the oven 10 minutes before removing beef. Cook pumpkin for a total of 30 minutes or until soft and golden.
- Once beef has rested transfer to a wooden board and thickly slice. Serve with roasted pumpkin, garlic and salsa verde.