- Create the herb rub in food processor. Pulse the olive oil, rosemary, garlic, shallots, thyme, pepper and salt together until you have a thick paste.
- Spread out the leg of lamb and rub half of the herb all over the exposed side of the lamb.
- In the roasting pan, spread out the carrots, onions, potatoes, garlic cloves, salt, pepper and oil.
- Rest the leg of the lab on top of the vegetables. Pour the rest of the herb rub all over the leg of the lamb, spread out so it coats evenly.
- Roast at 230°C for 50-60 minutes or until the internal temperature reads 55°C for medium rare.
- Remove the leg of the lamb and let it rest for 20 minutes before you remove the kitchen twine to carve.
- Serve with roasted vegetables.