|3 Organic lamb racks, 8-rib, frenched with cap off|
11 tablespoons maple syrup, divided
1 1/2 tablespoon cider vinegar
2 1/4 teaspoon hickory seasoning
3/8 cup brown sugar
2 1/4 cups bread crumbs,divided
|3/8 cup butter, divided|
1 cup bourbon
3 tablespoons shallots (scallions), minced
1 1/2 cups beef stock
Salt and pepper to taste
Prep Time : 30 Mins
Cook Time : 30 Mins
1. Season the lamb racks with salt and pepper, sear on all sides and let cool.
2. To make the glaze, combine 3/8 cup of maple syrup with the vinegar, hickory seasoning and brown sugar. Spread the glaze evenly over the lamb and apply 3/8 cup of bread crumbs to the meat. Melt 3 teaspoons of butter and combine with 1 1/2 tablespoons of maple syrup and remaining bread crumbs. Drizzle bread crumbs over the meat.
3. Roast each rack in a 230°C (450°F )oven for 16-20 minutes or until an internal core temperature of 55°C (130°F) is reached. Allow to rest 5-8 minutes.
4. Combine bourbon, shallots and the remaining 3 tablespoons of maple syrup and reduce over high heat to a syrupy consistency. Add stock, bring to a boil and reduce again to a syrupy consistency.
5. Remove from heat and whisk in the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter, strain the sauce, set aside and keep warm.
6. For each serving, slice 4 chops from each rack, place on a plate and serve with 2 ounces of bourbon sauce.