|4 organic beef patties|
3 tbsp coconut oil
8 large portobello mushrooms
4 slices nitrate free bacon (optional)
8 slices tomatoes
4 gherkins, sliced or fermented pickles
|2 brown onions, sliced into rings|
1 large beetroot, peeled and cut into thin matchsticks
8 leaves butter lettuce
4 organic feed eggs
|2 tbsp homemade tomato sauce |
4 tbsp chipotle aioli
|2 tbsp seeded mustard|
For wheat free bun:
- Preheat the oven to 240°C. Place Portobello mushrooms on a baking tray lined with baking paper or tin foil.
- Drizzle the mushrooms with coconut oil or other fat of choice, season with salt and pepper and roast in the over for 10-15 minutes or until the mushrooms are tender.
- Remove from the oven and place the mushrooms on a paper towel to remove excess moisture. Allow to cool.
For the patties:
- Heat the barbecue grill to medium heat. Add two tablespoons of coconut oil and place the patties, bacon and onions on the barbecue. Cook for 5 minutes or until golden, then flip the patties and bacon over and continue cooking for a couple of minutes or until cooked through and the onions are tender and caramelized. Remove and set aside to keep warm.
- Add a little more coconut oil to the barbecue and cook the eff to your liking. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place the patties and the burgers in the middle of the table with all other components in individual bowls and let allow people to customize their burger.