|4 thick (about 300g each) pork chops|
1/3 cup soy sauce
1/3 cup honey
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1 tablespoon olive oil
|1 tablespoon white vinegar |
2 garlic cloves, finely grated
1 teaspoon finely grated ginger
4 green onions (shallots), trimmed and cut into 4cm batons
steamed bok choy, jasmine rice and sliced red chilli, to serve
- Preheat oven to 200°C
- To make the soy marinade, combine soy sauce, honey, sugar, oil, vinegar, garlic and ginger in a large bowl. Add pork and toss well to coat. Set aside for 15 minutes to marinate.
- Remove pork from bowl and arrange on a baking tray, reserving remaining soy marinade in the bowl. Bake pork for 10 minutes. Remove from oven, turn pork and spoon over reserved marinade. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Heat the oven grill on high or set oven to as high as possible. Remove pork from oven, arrange shallots around pork and use a pastry brush to coat pork and green onions in the caramelised tray juices. Add 1 tablespoon of water to the tray.
- Grill pork or return to a hot oven for 4 minutes, brushing with tray juices after 2 minutes, watching carefully to ensure pork doesn’t burn. (If the juices in pan begin burning, add an extra tablespoon of water to the tray).
- Serve pork and green onions with steamed bok choy, jasmine rice and a drizzle of the tray juices.
Serving Size: 4